Re: [Exim] Logging from embedded perl

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Matthias Waffenschmidt
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Logging from embedded perl
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:

> But a new problem comes up: How do I get the location of the log file?
>
> I have not found an expansion variable containing the log file
> destination in chapter 11.8.

Nobody has ever wanted one before! However, inventing a variable isn't
straightforward, because logs can be directed both to files and to
syslog, and the setting of the log_file_path option controls both. The
actual file name can also be varied. Exim doesn't figure out a path name
for the file until it has to open it.

> If there really is no such expansion variable, may this be wishlisted?

So this is not at all straight-forward, I'm afraid.

A better approach might be to make the log_write() function available to
embedded Perl calls, like expand_string() already is.

Aha! I see that this is already on the Wish List, in the section
entitled "Things that didn't make it into Exim 4"...

Philip