Re: [Exim] rejecting based on HELO

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Oliver Eikemeier
Para: Oliver Eikemeier
CC: Maybe Andreas J Mueller
Assunto: Re: [Exim] rejecting based on HELO
Hi Andreas,

> Hi Oliver!
>
>>What does your ACL with:
>
>>HELO 195.227.083.221
>
> OK, that *looks* like an IP address according to my ACL, but isn't.
> It's simply rubbish and deserves to by refused, especially since the
> host in question will always HELO as ganymede.muelli.net. ;-)

Just an example...

> Are there really any MTAs that give out HELOs like that?

Do I know every MTA? my first SMTP capable mobile phones accepted only
IP adresses in format nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn, sorry I can't remember the brand
anymore.

Btw, if you do not receive my mail:

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<andy@???>:
host lyra.dyndns.org [217.237.102.138]:
 550-Verification failed for <eikemeier@???>
 550-Called:   62.138.193.82
 550-Sent:     RCPT TO:<eikemeier@???>
 550-Response: 550 Sorry, your host 217.237.102.138 is listed at dnsbl.njabl.org
 550 Sender verify failed

You *shouldn't* do callouts from a dialup (pD9ED668A.dip0.t-ipconnect.de), otherwise
you wont ever receive mail from an AOL user (or from us...)

Cheers
    Oliver