Re: [Exim] Spammer forensic

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spammer forensic
Hi softwatch, on Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:41:42 +0200 you wrote:

> C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

Thanks, any chance you can lose the HTML?

> Some f** used my server this morning to send spam, although it shouldn't
> be an open relay. I want to trace it to know how he did, inorder to fix
> the flaw. Any advise?

Well, first thing, look in your logs! Thanks to Exim's comprehensive logs,
that should show quite easily how they did it.

If still in doubt, send some log snippets here along with a link to your
config file. Make sure you say what version of Exim you are using.

Tim