Re: [Exim] Multi Domains for a same user

Autor: Walt Reed
A: rche
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Multi Domains for a same user
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:18:02PM +1200, rche@??? said:
> I'm running exim version 4.05 on a RedHat box. It works fine. But I have a
> question about the exim's possiblity. Currently we host more than 4
> domains on a same server. For the local users, can I have a same user name
> for different domain ? For example, can I have user1@??? and
> user1@??? for local delivery ? If possible, how should I edit my
> config file and how dose the system authenticate them ( they have same
> user name but different password ) ?

First, read section 41.6 in the manual. Login ID's do not have to match
email addresses - user1@??? can map to user161234 for example.
You actually don't need to have real accounts for mail-only situations
depending on the support of your IMAP or POP server (which obviously has
nothing to do with exim.)

Many larger sites use mysql databases to hold user info (check the faq
and list archives for more info.)