Re: [Exim] compiling exiscan

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Adam Henry
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] compiling exiscan
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Adam Henry wrote:

> Perhaps every future call of Exim should notice which executable was
> called, and use that instead of defaulting to the symlink?

The problem is that Exim cannot know for sure which executable was
called. The name passed in argv[0] is just another argument - a calling
program can stuff anything in there that it likes. "Believing" it might
just lead to some kind of abuse I haven't thought of...

However, there is a way to test an Exim binary which is not positioned
where it thinks it should be, as long as you can change the
configuration file. There is an exim_path option. But then, running an
alternative configuration is also not utterly straightforward either.

What I do is compile testing versions with a different setting of
CONFIGURE_FILE; from within the alternative configuration, everything
else can be changed.