Re: [Exim] Route IP Range to a different mailserver

Author: James Collins
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Route IP Range to a different mailserver
> > Say for instance, I might want to reroute all messages bound for
> > 192.168.10.0 and 10.0.0.0 to mailserverone.mydomain.com
>
> That is an odd requirement. However, there is an obscure feature in
> Exim, originally implemented for packet radio people, that perhaps can
> help. Check out the translate_ip_address generic router option.

    Thanks Philip.  I've got multiple outbound routes, and no BGP. So I want
to manually move some IP ranges onto a mailserver on the end of one of those
routes, for it to disperse the mail. Hopefully saving the odd "Oxford
Scholar" (dollar) in the process :) Of course, I have no idea what domains
that might well cover.

    I did see the option for translate_ip_address, but was put off by the
warning "You should not make use of this facility unless you really
understand what you are doing" - And since I very rarely do know what I'm
doing, I thought I would wait to hear from someone with your greatness first
:)

    Thanks again. I shall now break everything around here! :)

---James :) Collins