Re: [Exim] Exiscan order of things

Author: Tim Jackson
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exiscan order of things
Hi Ron, on 01 Sep 2003 13:31:07 +0100 you wrote:

> I was wondering about the order exiscan does things in. I want it to do
> the extension check before the av check so I do not waste resource av
> checking an extension with a .pif.

If you use Exim 4.20+ with Exiscan-ACL, you can specify the order because
it's just based on ACL statements - therefore you can put them in the
order you want. I haven't looked closely at the code that hooks Exiscan
into Exim's ACLs but I assume that if a "deny" occurs at any early stage,
the rest of the ACL is short-circuited, thus giving the effect you want.

> Also what error message does exiscan give when it bounces these.

I can't remember offhand but if you check the Exiscan code it's fairly
obvious.

With Exiscan-ACL, you can change the message to whatever you like for the
various kinds of rejection (virus, spam, bad extension etc.) by use of
"message = " in the ACL section.

Tim