Re: [Exim] virus scanners and exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] virus scanners and exim
> > Are there any decent open source virus scanners that work well with
> > exim via exiscan on a Linux server (for windows clients)? The only
> > scanners I have found are commercial.
>
> I can't recommend ClamAV enough.

Clamav is a great program, but it is quite unstable under heavy load.
Every now and then, the threads appear to deadlock and the whole thing
hangs. Unfortunately, the clamav driver in exiscan does not feature
a timeout, so a hanging clamd will block Exim.

I hope both clamav and exiscan to be fixed in that regard soon, but
as it is, I can not recommend it for production use.

Michael