Re: [Exim] Stripping domain for LMTP?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tom Samplonius
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Stripping domain for LMTP?
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> My LMTP MDA does not want to see the domain, just the localpart. Is
> there an easy way to strip the domain in the LMTP transport before the
> recipient address is sent to the MDA?

If your MDA doesn't implement the LMTP protocol, then, sorry, I don't
think you can call it an "LMTP MDA". It is implementing something else.

The answer is "no", because that's not something that is defined as part
of LMTP.

Since the lmtp transport can be made to run a command via a pipe, you
could put in a wrapper, I suppose.

Philip