Re: [Exim] Cant recieve email

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Andreas J Mueller
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Trevor Howe
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Cant recieve email
Hi Trevor!

> exim -bt root@??? returns this

> root@???
> router = localuser, transport = local_delivery

> Now I think this is my problem cuz it only talks about local delivery, I am
> gonna go look in the docs about routers and transports but if some one can
> reply in a little more firsttime user language that would be great. Thanks

Don't worry. Exim by default does not do local delivery to root. To
circumvent this, you can either set up an alias to have root's mail
delived to a non-privileged account (preferable), or set

never_users =

in the config file. This is a simple security measure to prevent Exim
from accidentally doing something wrong when delivering as root.

Andy