Re: [Exim] MSSQL / FreeTDS

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Wakko Warner
Para: Walt Reed
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] MSSQL / FreeTDS
> > > There are no native MS SQL client libraries for linux, which is the root
> > > of the problem.
> >
> > I don't believe this is true.
>
> I'm wrong, your right.
>
> Sheldon Hearn clued me in to:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/freetds/
>
> Of course I just needed this thing last week on another project,
> searched all over google for something like it, asked around on mailing
> lists, and nobody knew anything about it.
>
> It's supposed to have a home page at www.freetds.org but that seems to
> be dead.

Just checked, didn't work for me.

> >From reading the FAQ in the tarball, it looks like it might work, but
> also looks like it has some issues. Part of the problem is that the
> developers had to reverse engineer the protocol due to lack of docs.

I don't see why it wouldn't. There may be things you can't do, but as far
as exim is concerned, all you need is select abilities anyway (I'm actually
using insert, replace, update inside of exim at work as well).

The only reason I know you can query MSSQL is that I installed the packages
so I could query our computer database to makeup a vnc menu for my linux
box. Running debian, I found the packages I needed quite easily.

A client I saw on debian is called sqsh. It's for querying mssql and
sybase and uses freetds.