Re: [Exim] MSSQL / FreeTDS

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Walt Reed
To: Wakko Warner
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] MSSQL / FreeTDS
On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 09:16:17AM -0400, Wakko Warner said:
> > > getting exim to query MSSQL databases? I have not spent any time on this
> > > just yet, so feel free to tell me to RTFM...
> >
> > There are no native MS SQL client libraries for linux, which is the root
> > of the problem.
>
> I don't believe this is true.

I'm wrong, your right.

Sheldon Hearn clued me in to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freetds/

Of course I just needed this thing last week on another project,
searched all over google for something like it, asked around on mailing
lists, and nobody knew anything about it.

It's supposed to have a home page at www.freetds.org but that seems to
be dead.

From reading the FAQ in the tarball, it looks like it might work, but
also looks like it has some issues. Part of the problem is that the
developers had to reverse engineer the protocol due to lack of docs.