Re: [Exim] Multiple addresses in a message.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Enkidu
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Multiple addresses in a message.
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:01:33 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Enkidu wrote:
>
>> When I try to send to two addresses (eg "a@???, e@???") I get
>> an error in the filter file "malformed address: , e@??? may not
>> follow a@???".
>>
>> Can someone please indicate what is going on here?
>
>Probably not unless you show us at least the part of your filter file
>that is trying to do this... however, sometimes I'm good at guessing...
>
>Have you got
>
> deliver "a@???, e@???"
>
>in your filter? If so, that is your problem. You should have
>
> deliver a@???
> deliver e@???

Ah, I made the wrong assumption that it wasn't processing the filter
file *at all*.

What is happening is that I am sending a mail to two people using
Agent under Windows. Agent connects via SMTP to my Exim (4.22 on
Debian Linux) and the mail is passed to the filter. The incoming mail
has a $header_To of "a@???, e@???". After I do some tests in
the filter file, the email is given the green light and I say

deliver $header_To which of course is

deliver "a@???, e@???".

So although I"d obfuscated it, you were 100% on target.

Thanks for your help...

Cheers,

Cliff

that the conspiracy is working.