Re: [Exim] Filter 'mail' problem

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Rory Campbell-Lange
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Filter 'mail' problem
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:

> Nobody has responded to my emails concerning the use of 'mail' in a
> filter. Forgive my rephrasing and trying a third time.
>
> I am trying to use 'mail' as part of a filter. The 'to' address is not
> on the host running the filter.

Which release of Exim? What is the "mail" command in your filter? Is it
a system or a user filter? Have you tried running with debugging turned
on?

> message_filter_reply_transport points to:

Aha! It is a system filter and you are using Exim 3. I can't remember
much about it any more. Sorry about that.

> The Exim error is "Attempt local delivery with non-local transport".

That indicates some strange mess-up inside Exim. It's a paranoia check
that I can't ever remember seeing before. I would need to see the
debugging output to try figure out how you managed to coerce it into
that state.

<just about to post this when...>

Ding!

Inspiration has struck. You are supposed to set
message_filter_reply_transport to point to an autoreply transport, in
order for it to send a new message. You have pointed it to an SMTP
transport. That's the problem.

I think you have misunderstood how autoreplies work. Please read up
about the autoreply transport.