Re: [Exim] "headers charset" in runtime configuration

Página Inicial
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] "headers charset" in runtime configuration
On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 08:53:17AM +0900, Norihisa Washitake wrote:
> Exim is now capable of treating RFC2047 encoded messages from version
> 4.21, but the new runtime configuration option 'headers charset' may
> lead to a misunderstanding that "all the headers of outgoing messages
> are rewrited in 'headers_charset'?", though the truth is "all the
> messages are converted into this 'headers_charset' value only while
> filtering."

[...]

Actually my understanding was that 'headers charset' simply changes
the way $h and $header expansions work, _no_ matter whether these
expansion are used in the filter file or any other place in exim.conf.

My position is strongly supported by the corresponding entry in
"NewStuff". - I am kind of at loss how somebody would get the idea
that outgoing messages were *rewritten* from reading the the
documentation of "headers_charset", I think the docs are not
misleading.
             cu andreas