[Exim] Problem with exiscan/exim 4.22/fsav 4.5

Author: Andrew Lewis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problem with exiscan/exim 4.22/fsav 4.5
Well.. not necessarily with fsav, although I would be interested to find
out. What I've added to my configuration is:

av_scanner = cmdline:\
             /opt/f-secure/fsav/bin/fsav --usedaemon %s:\
             Infected|Suspicious:\
             Infected|Suspicious::(.*)

and the following ACL

check_message:
deny message = Detected malware: $malware_name
demime = *
malware = *
accept

Ok, which should be fine enough? However, it doesn't seem that the scanner
is being run?.. Nothing in the logs to indicate as much at least..

I've tried running it with a wrapper and have confirmed that the wrapper
gets executed. Interestingly, wether or not I have the actual fsav command
included in this wrapper, the kernel logs the following:

Aug 29 11:59:27 askariupgd kernel: application bug: exim(12099) has
SIGCHLD set
to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
Aug 29 11:59:27 askariupgd kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2
wait'). Workaround activated.

What is happening?

Best Regards,
AL.