[Exim] "headers charset" in runtime configuration

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Norihisa Washitake
A: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] "headers charset" in runtime configuration
Hi Philip,

Exim is now capable of treating RFC2047 encoded messages from version
4.21, but the new runtime configuration option 'headers charset' may
lead to a misunderstanding that "all the headers of outgoing messages
are rewrited in 'headers_charset'?", though the truth is "all the
messages are converted into this 'headers_charset' value only while
filtering." I was noticed this by a user in Japan.

I think there be two ways to prevent confusions.

First, you want to add notes saying "Exim converts a message to this
character set only while filtering, but does not rewrite the message
itself at all."

Next, ideally there should be two following charsets:
headers charset
filter charset
where 'headers charset' is a character set in which exim speaks for
new outgoing messages like warning or error messages, and 'filter
charset' is to which exim converts incoming messages only for filter-
ing.

Though you cannot change the behaviour easily as Exim 4.22 has already
been out, you'd better at least add notes.

--
Norihisa Washitake
Dept of Earth Sciences, Sci, The University of Tokyo