[Exim] Virtual Email and Auto Reply

Author: kimor79
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Virtual Email and Auto Reply
Hello,

I have Exim 4.20 running on FreeBSD 4.8 which forwards all incoming mail
to an exchange server behind a firewall. I have a question about setting
up auto-replies and filters for virtual users.

Would it be possible to have a list (external file) that has names in it
(abuse, noc, root, support). And then a directory with files for each name
in the list. Each file would have text for an auto reply (or better yet a
procmail recipe to perform additional tasks). Basically this is similar to
localusers with a .forward file, but I do not want to create a localuser,
instead I want the lookup to happen against a file.

The email would also have to be passed on the exchange server.

Thanks
Kimo