Re: [Exim] exim HELO ack

Autor: Jez Hancock
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim HELO ack
On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:32:27AM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Unfortunately most of my clients are remote and I'm sure you know how
> > hard it can be pursuading some people to change mail clients -
> > especially when M$ make it so hard to export your mail from their
> > proprietary mbx format.
>
> Do you really have that many remote SMTP clients which are not relaying
> through their own proper SMTP gateways but instead are delivering direct
> to your mailer from their broken little M$ LookOut crapware and similar?

Well not really, but I like the practise :P

> > Could be time to go on a crusade against OE
> > though :)
>
> It's long past that time. We should have started eliminating it once
> and for all back when SirCam first hit the wires.... They will _never_
> get their security model right -- a correct security model violates the
> very design principles they've stated publicly and thus they will always
> implement insecure software, by design, and by default.

Yes I agree. MS' security policy (patch policy in general)
is fundamentally rotten - a by-product of their money-grabbing business
model. I like the idea of a friendly worm myself. Perhaps we could add
a patch to it for the HELO bug? (I also like the idea of hydrogen cars,
but I don't imagine the US government are too hot on the idea:)).

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/