Re: [Exim] Re: helo filter says goodbye to pine

Author: Jez Hancock
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: helo filter says goodbye to pine
On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 03:38:12PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > i installed the fqdn acl for helo/ehlo.  now, local pine users
> > can't send mail.  they get
> >     [Error sending: SMTP hello failure: 421 SMTP connection went away!]
> > looking at exim log, i see
> >     2003-08-28 05:20:13 U=boat rejected EHLO or HELO localhost: \
> >             HELO/EHLO must contain an FQDN
> > which confirms my suspicion
> >     exim -bh 127.0.0.1
> > lets me
> >     HELO FROB
> > so what the heck else should i be doing?

> it turns out pine sends without a host at all. so you have to
>
>    accept hosts = :

This is outlined in the default configuration file:
acl_check_rcpt:

# Accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP). We do
# this by
# testing for an empty sending host field.

accept hosts = :

The HELO checks should come somewhere below this - probably after the
postmaster checks.

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/