Re: [Exim] mailing list manager recommendations?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael Coxe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] mailing list manager recommendations?
On 08/27/03, Richard Welty wrote:
>> listproc http://sourceforge.net/projects/listproc/
>ewww.

Unfortunately it looks dead in the water now - the programmer quit
to join Lyris so CREN cancelled the complete rewrite (9.0, which
was mostly done) and open sourced the current version (8.2, which is
several years old). As far as I can tell (& no longer being on the
listproc-support mailing list), there hasn't been any work done with
the source. And from googling it looks like large users are moving
away from Listproc.

>majordomo 2 exists, and is basically a new piece of software. i've looked
>at it but not made the jump.

The good news is that the developers have finally decided to bundle up
the latest code and finally release it as MJ2 1.0. The ground-up
rewrite has some very powerful features, it's been quite stable in the
8 months I've used it and the development group is active. It's hoped
(by some of the swamped developers) that finally moving out of the CVS
stage will gain both a larger user community & some additional coders.
I use it for my lists but don't use the web interface much.

- michael