Re: [Exim] No verify sender callout for whitelisted hosts

Author: Jez Hancock
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] No verify sender callout for whitelisted hosts
On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 02:31:18PM +0100, gARetH baBB wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Jez Hancock wrote:
>
> > The callout line was:
> >   require verify        = sender/defer_ok/callout=10s

> Yes, but where - context is everything.
>
> > All working ok now:
>
> All I can say is that if you have *really* got just "accept sender_domains
> = x" and tinysoftware.com in that whitelist than I - or anyone - can now
> relay through your machine as long as we use a sender of
> x@???. I hope you realise this.

I had overlooked that, thanks for pointing it out. :(

Struggling with this. Essentially the logic I'm after is:

if sender_domains is in +whitelist_from_domains
    require verify = sender
else
    require verify = sender/defer_ok/callout=10s
endif

and checking continues in the next ACL statement but I'm not sure how to
implement this.

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/