[Exim] sender_host_name

Author: David Saez
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] sender_host_name
Hi !!

Reading the docs looks like if both host_lookup, helo_try_verify_hosts and
helo_verify_hosts are unset then $sender_host_name is not set as no lookup
of the calling hosts has been done. If host_lookup is set to * then a lookup
is done for all hosts. The problem is that I need $sender_host_name to be
set in some ACL's, but it would be great to only do the dns lookup when
need as some connections are rejected/droped before the need to use
$sender_host_name. By now we are rejecting a very great amount of incoming
connections without the need to know $sender_host_name that are significantly
increasing the cpu usage of dnscache.

--
Best regards ...

Useless Invention: Self stick frying pan.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53