Re: [Exim] Authentication question using 3.35

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: gbrotherton
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Authentication question using 3.35
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 gbrotherton@??? wrote:

> I gave this a quick try, stopped and restarted exim, but still I didn't get an
> authentication. Netscape mail kept asking for a password. Is there something
> else? Does exim have to be complied for this sort of thing?

You may have to run your Exim server with debugging enabled (the -d
option). This will produce copious output on the standard error stream,
but it should show you more details of what exactly is going on.

If your server is busy, it may be better to run the debugging server on
a different port (the -oX option), if you can persuade Netscape to try
to connect to another port for testing.