[Exim] osirusoft is gone..:o(...we will miss you Mr jared

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Thomas Kinghorn
A: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Asunto: [Exim] osirusoft is gone..:o(...we will miss you Mr jared
extract from slashdot.org

Earlier today our site mysteriously ended up on Joe Jared's Osirusoft SPAM
blacklist which is used by lots of antispam software (like SpamAssassin
<http://spamassassin.rediris.es/index.html> and sendmail). Since he is
currently under a serious DDoS attack, there was no way to appeal this
decision. We contacted Mr. Jared by phone who informed us that 'everyone
needs to stop using Osirusoft and that he's going to be shutting the service
down.' Then he says he's going to blacklist 'the world' (aka, ban *.*.*.*)
to get his point across. Later on this evening, he apparently went ahead and
did just that. Succumbing to lawsuits and DDoS, a once great blacklist is
dead. SpamAssassin is removing it from their config in the next release
(rc3) and email admins around the globe are reconfiguring their mail
servers."

Regards,
Tom Kinghorn