Re: [Exim] exim HELO ack

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim HELO ack
On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 09:23:11AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> how can i stomp non-fqdn HELO/EHLOs as simply as possible?
>
> randy, reading list archive with the load average rising

$sender_helo_name doesn't have a "." in it might be a start.

Put that into check_helo or better check_rcpt so that a 5xx is returned after
RCPT TO, and authenticated senders etc can get their mail through in any case

I posted a recipe for HELO blocking sometime back - but that was for people
HELO'ing as your own IP / hosts / domains

That'll catch you far more spam, with far less false positives, I think.