[Exim] Messages "stucked"

Author: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
To: Lista Exim
Subject: [Exim] Messages "stucked"
--
Hello...

Days ago I sent a message about messages not being freezed on the
server. I upgraded to exim 4.22 + exiscan (to solve another problem...),
but the messages keep getting "stuck" on the server...

People send message from this server to the internet and the message
lasts for hours on the queue. The same for messages that come from the
internet to the local domains.

For a test, I logged on the webmail (squirrelmail uses the local smtp
server) and sent a message for a domain outside my network. In the log I
get:

R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any
host

and in the msglog for the message I get:

2003-08-26 13:58:54 Received from xxx@localdomain H=(www.localdomain)
[127.0.0.1] P=smtp S=1007
id=1058.xxx.xxx.xx.xx.1061917099.squirrel@www.localdomain
2003-08-26 13:59:08 yyy@otherdomain R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer
(-53): retry time not reached for any host

it's now 18:40 and the message still on queue... I tried to deliver it
manually and it goes...

My question is, why the messages aren't being frozen, and why they're
"stuck" for such long times in the queue?

Thanks!

--
José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior
Analista de Sistema | CPD