Re: [Exim] feature request: use of RFC 1832 option 69

Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] feature request: use of RFC 1832 option 69
Partially correct !
1. what is the place where exim would read the smarthost option (would
be nice to have a /var/lib/exim/smarthost file that if present would
contain the smarthost address ....
a possible option would be to allow for this file [useful also for static
situtions, but where there is a mumber of domains that deserve special
considerations] to have also a syntax of type

*.re : A[help.mail.lo]
# all mail to .re tld would be handled by the machine help.mail.lo
! *.there.myorg.org : MX[myorg.org]
# all mail not direct to there.myorg.org would be handled by
# the MX for myorg.org
*.myorg.org : MX[myorg.org]
# any address such user@??? would
# be handled by the MX for myorg.org
! LOCAL : [DHCP]
#all mail sent to an address not cosidered local should go
#throught an host got from a dhcp call
#if the call is unsuccessful ignore it
#if you choose not to support would be care of the dhcp client to
#substitute the ]DHCP] for the real address ...
and of course there is a simplified syntax:
if the file contains only one line it is considered either as a literal
address for any non local message
(equivalment to: ! LOCAL : 1.2.3.4 ) otherwise as
! LOCAL : A[hostname]
(PS: A is for IPV4 A6 for ipv6 ...)

?
2. what for people moving on a wifi archipelago , possibly attaching to
different networks , where the change of net and address occours
automatically ?

Il 26 Aug 2003 alle 14:35, Philip Hazel immise in rete:

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile