Re: [Exim] Feature request: defer_once ACL (and local_scan) …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Woodhouse
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Feature request: defer_once ACL (and local_scan) return code
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 14:03 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> This looks like a requirement for a huge amount of apparatus for a very
> special case. I don't think this level of logic is appropriate for an
> MTA.

OK; I was just thinking that Exim already _has_ a lot of the apparatus
I'd require for this -- keeping a database and expiring stuff from it
periodically etc. Would it really be that much extra code to use those
same functions for Message-ID caching?

> However, if you want, you can build it yourself, using the local_scan
> interface.

That wouldn't be ideal -- I don't want to use it only for SpamAssassin,
but also for temporary callout failures... if we get a temporary failure
on callout, defer once and accept the mail only if they retry, etc.

Am I permitted to use the Exim db functions from local_scan()?

Incidentally, how _does_ Exim expire stuff from its hints databases,
such as negative callout records for addresses that a spammer
_attempted_ to use many years ago?

--
dwmw2