Re: [Exim] Sporadic routing problem

Autor: Ian Marlier
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Sporadic routing problem
On 8/26/03 8:36 AM, "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Ian Marlier wrote:
>
>> I'm having an occasional problem with messages being rejected because an
>> address (mine, specifically) is unroutable. It happens with my and 2 other
>> e-mail addresses, but not with the other 2 dozen or so.
>>
>> Most of the time mail delivery is fine, consistent, but sometimes it's not.
>
> This kind of problem is often caused by DNS servers getting out of step.
> But not, I suspect, this time... see below ...
>
>> 2003-08-22 10:19:21 H=dolly1.pobox.com [207.106.49.22] F=<> rejected RCPT
>> <marlier@???>: Unrouteable address
>
> This is a reject during recipient verification.
>
>> 2003-08-22 10:22:10 HK0YK4-000I7M-00 => marlier@???
>> R=localuser T=local_delivery H=127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1]
>
> This is a successful delivery.
>
> Therefore, your routers are behaving differently during verification and
> delivery. Check all the "verify" options on your routers. Check the
> address with -bt (as a delivery address) and -bv (as a verification
> address).

Well, this is what I get from -bv and -bt:
[marcus:marcus.uphamscornercs.net/Users/marlier] foc# exim -bt
marlier@???
marlier@???
router = spamcheck_router, transport = spamcheck
[marcus:marcus.uphamscornercs.net/Users/marlier] foc# exim -bv
marlier@???
marlier@??? verified
[marcus:marcus.uphamscornercs.net/Users/marlier] foc#

So it looks like the transport is fine for delivery, and the address
verifies...usually...

Arg. This is starting to annoy me...

Thanks for your help...if anything else pops to mind let me know...

- Ian