Re: [Exim] Sporadic routing problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ian Marlier
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sporadic routing problem
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Ian Marlier wrote:

> I'm having an occasional problem with messages being rejected because an
> address (mine, specifically) is unroutable. It happens with my and 2 other
> e-mail addresses, but not with the other 2 dozen or so.
>
> Most of the time mail delivery is fine, consistent, but sometimes it's not.

This kind of problem is often caused by DNS servers getting out of step.
But not, I suspect, this time... see below ...

> 2003-08-22 10:19:21 H=dolly1.pobox.com [207.106.49.22] F=<> rejected RCPT
> <marlier@???>: Unrouteable address

This is a reject during recipient verification.

> 2003-08-22 10:22:10 HK0YK4-000I7M-00 => marlier@???
> R=localuser T=local_delivery H=127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1]

This is a successful delivery.

Therefore, your routers are behaving differently during verification and
delivery. Check all the "verify" options on your routers. Check the
address with -bt (as a delivery address) and -bv (as a verification
address).