Re: [Exim] Anyone for Mailer-Daemon??

Autor: Vineet Kumar
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Anyone for Mailer-Daemon??
--
* Greg A. Woods (woods@???) [030822 08:49]:
> Please everyone configure your mailers so that they do _NOT_
> automatically send notifications to the apparent originator of a message
> that appears to contain an undesirable or undeliverable message. Your
> mailer can, and should, reject such messages before they end up having
> to send bounces to a possibly forged sender address (i.e. reject them at
> the SMTP RCPT command).

What should a system operating as a backup MX do? If my server acts as
a backup MX for my friend's server, and my friend's server is down, then
I have no way of checking whether the local part of received messages is
valid (barring some sort of out-of-band valid-local-part-list-syncing
kludgery).

What do you suggest for this type of situation?

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/