[Exim] How to avoid differing 'Sender: ' and 'From: ' header…

Autor: David List
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] How to avoid differing 'Sender: ' and 'From: ' headers?
I recieve and send on several different accounts that are handled by the
one and same exim server. The accounts have differing domain names. It
all works perfectly, except for one thing that bothers me:
When I send through the exim server, the recipient gets a 'From: '
header, that tells about the actual address that was specified in the
sending MUA, whereas the 'Sender: ' header tells about the actual
username and hostname of the system the mail was sent from.

This causes some recieving MUAs to report about the mail as coming from
"[Actual username]@[Actual hostname] on behalf of [Real address]".

Can this be avoided?

I have looked through the documentation for exim, but I was unable to
find any options to put in the runtime configuration file that related
to this. Did I overlook something?

Best regards,
David List