Re: [Exim] Exim install keeps on breaking under FreeBSD

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Godfrey Hamshire
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim install keeps on breaking under FreeBSD
On (2003/08/25 11:10), Godfrey Hamshire wrote:

> I am trying to install exim ver 4.22 under freebsd
>
> The problem is that the installation breaks
>
> [root@giles] /usr/ports/mail/exim# make install
> ===> Installing for exim-4.22
> ===> exim-4.22 depends on shared library: iconv.3 - found
> ===> Generating temporary packing list
> ===> Checking if mail/exim already installed
> *** Error code 1
>
> I have done the make deinstall

Doing make deinstall deletes the current version only. What you wanted was
pkg_delete.

Three things:

1) First, try use pkg_delete to remove the package.
2) If that doesn't work, get draconian and blow away
/var/db/pkg/exim-4.* .
3) Give _serious_ consideration to installing portupgrade and using it
to manage ports and packages. This fine piece of software more than
pays for its dependency on ruby. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.