Re: [Exim] System Filter - Multiple Files based on a lookup

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] System Filter - Multiple Files based on a lookup
At 16:44 -0700 8/23/2003 (and again at 16:45), Keith Goettert wrote:
>I must be going crazy. I know that somewhere in the exim doc I saw an
>example of using a different filter file based on a lookup. I thought
>it was a system filter, but I searched spec.txt and filter.txt for EVERY
>occurrence of filter with no luck.
>
>So, can a system filter be specified as an expression that resolves to
>the actual file path. It would really help neaten up my current
>project. The filter is getting really big.

system_filter = /path/to/our/reallyNiceFilter

In the main portion of the configuration. The manual for Exim 4.1 says the
string is expanded...I don't know when that started.

So yes, you can use a lookup to select the system filter.

But...you may not be able to do what you want, as the file is likely
selected before data you might want to use to select the file has been
learned (and the selection would be per delivery attempt per message, not
per recipient). You'd have to probe to see.

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA