Re: [Exim] Sendmail senging 220 ******0**********...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Kevin Reed
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sendmail senging 220 ******0**********...
On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 10:11:51AM -0700,
Kevin Reed <krelvin@???> is thought to have said:

> I'm connecting to a Sendmail system and when you connect all it sends at
> first is:
>
> 220
> ******0**********************************2*0**********2*0*********2******200
> ***0********0*00 *****
>
> Is this supposed to signify something?
>
> As soon as you do a HELO... It responds like you would expect, but it always
> starts out with the above.
>
> Just curious if anyone knows.

That site is using a Cisco PIX for a firewall which has "SMTP Fixup" set.
Essentially it is Cisco's broken attempt at protecting mail servers behind a
PIX by intercepting and rewriting the SMTP session on the fly. In practice
all it does is break stuff (like ESMTP for a start). If you have any pull
with the remote site, suggest to them that they turn this "feature" off on
their firewall. There are plenty of sites out there explaining all of the
ways it is bad for reliable mail delivery if they need examples.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality