Re: [Exim] Anyone for Mailer-Daemon??

Author: Tony Earnshaw
Subject: Re: [Exim] Anyone for Mailer-Daemon??
Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Please everyone configure your mailers so that they do _NOT_
> automatically send notifications to the apparent originator of a message
> that appears to contain an undesirable or undeliverable message. Your
> mailer can, and should, reject such messages before they end up having
> to send bounces to a possibly forged sender address (i.e. reject them at
> the SMTP RCPT command).

YES. SA-Exim 3.1, Postfix snapshot proxy/amavisd-new - as far as I'm
concerned

> Please everyone complain to the operators and authors of all mailers
> which generate bounces for invalid recipients, virus/worm content, etc.

Utter waste of time. The ISPs *have* to be leaned on And hard. This is
where any legislation just has to come in. Upstream/ingress filtering
would work, but at the moment it is illegal (e.g. Holland) and everyone
is too scared.

I'd *love* to see an initiative by the European Community (mine), but it
is simply too ignorant (*not* corrupt as is the US - lobbies - simply
ignorant). "Ignorant" does not apply to some member/member states, but
they have no voice in the whole.

--Tonni

--

Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???