Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig 'I Blocked sobig' messages

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig 'I Blocked sobig' messages
Hi jvanasco@???, on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:56:37 -0400 you
wrote:

> The unending barrage of MTA errors that sobig causes from spoofed from
> addresses.

See my email to the list earlier containing a load of SpamAssassin filter
rules, if that helps (i.e. if you run SA :). It won't stop generic
nondelivery reports from dead destination addresses but will cut some of
the junk that originates from annoying virus filters that accept and
bounce rather than rejecting at SMTP time. (including, unfortunately,
Nigel's old system_filter).

I'd be interested to see any new rules anyone concocts to stop this kind
of junk.

Tim