Re: [Exim] Majorcool & exim

Author: Cory Daehn
To: Sujit Choudhury
CC: Exim-Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Majorcool & exim
From: Sujit Choudhury
> I am trying to set up majorcool on a machine that runs exim and
> majrodomo without any problem. When I try to create a list, I get the
> following error

Is this error coming from majordomo or majorcool? if it is coming from
majorcool, perhaps you should try editing the majorcool config file?

A better option would be to just dump Majordomo 1.x in favor of Majordomo2.
Mj2 is a very full-featured, well documented, fast (in queue mode)
replacement for Majordomo 1.x... The hardest part about the upgrade is
waiting for your lists to be imported into whatever database format you
chose when you set up the program. (I *DO*NOT* recommend using plain text
lists with Mj2) It uses either a command-line, web-based (CGI), or e-mail
based interface, and handles my 20,000+ subscriber mailing lists without so
much as a hiccup.

http://www.math.uh.edu/majordomo for info on obtaining the program...
http://lists.ncsu.edu/ has a very simple user guide. I recommend
subscribing to the development list so you can troubleshoot problems fairly
quickly, and access the 3 or so years worth of list archives.

> Also $sendmail_command = "/usr/lib/sendmail";
> And $mailer = "$sendmail_command -oi -oee -f$sender";

Set your $sendmail_command to the location of exim itself. Make sure exim
has the proper permissions to allow any user to launch it, and (especially
on linux, at least mine anyway) make sure the SUID and SGID bits are set,
otherwise it can't change users/groups on the fly.