Re: [Exim] "dynamic" sender_verify_reject -- can v4 acls do …

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] "dynamic" sender_verify_reject -- can v4 acls do this?
On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 04:27:18PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Vineet Kumar wrote:
> >What I want to do is be very liberal in what I accept for one particular
> >domain, while being a little more strict for others. I want to do full
> >syntax checking, sender host verification and callback verification,
> >and recpient verification for all incoming mail. If there's any address
> >for @one.particular.domain, I want to accept the mail anyway.
>
> Absolutely! This is the major advantage of Exim 4, allowing you to
> tailor your access controls to exactly what you need. In Exim 4, you
> would simply add an "accept" rule to your acl_smpt_rcpt ACL that
> accepted messages with a recipient domain of "one.particular.domain".
> Every other message would get handled through all your other rules,
> including as much checking and verification as you desire.

It is not that simple. acl_smpt_rcpt does not get one "message" but
one recipient at the time. But Vineet Kumar imho was clear emnough.

This would be straightforward with acl_smpt_rcpt:
If a mail addressed to foo@???,bar@???
does not pass the strict checking of sender host and envelope from the
rcpt to:foo@???
is accepted and
rcpt to:bar@???
is denied.

OTOH it is impossible /with acl_smpt_rcpt/ to accept this broken mail
for both recipients (because one of them was in @liberal.domain) while
still denying another broken mail adderessed to
bar@???,blah@???.

header syntax-checking can only be done later in the DATA ACL and
Vineet Kumar will probably need to use "set acl_m0 = has-liberal-rcpt"
to pass this information to the DATA ACL, doing these checks only if
acl_m0 was != has-liberal-rcpt. - This would accept the broken mail
for both foo@??? and bar@???, ATM I cannot
see how one could bounce it to bar@???.
                     cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.