Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blocking sobig.f
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Rossz Vamos-Wentworth wrote:

> I use the exiscan patch and don't worry about dangerous file attachemens.
> sobig.f uses pif or scr as the attachment, which my server will not accept.

Quite.

Now, what do we do about these hundreds of stupid 'you sent us a
virus' non-delivery reports. They seem to come in all kinds of shapes
and sizes, from all kinds of crazy envelope-sender addresses in
addition to the regulation <> -- we're blocking one every couple of
minutes, but still enough are getting past the ACLs to be a nuisance
when the system filter freezes them for inspection (and a few even got
past the system filter and arrived at the poor users.)

Even got one report in Welsh, ferchrissake.

And when I tried to complain to postmaster@??? about
their misguided accusation, the complaint was mailed back to me as
recipient unknown. Bleagh.