[Exim] "dynamic" sender_verify_reject -- can v4 acls do this…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Vineet Kumar
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] "dynamic" sender_verify_reject -- can v4 acls do this?
--
Hello,

I'm looking to implement a semi-complicated set of conditions for
verifications, and I'm wondering if exim4 ACLs can do this. (If not,
it's not worth migrating this particular machine to exim4 just yet.)

What I want to do is be very liberal in what I accept for one particular
domain, while being a little more strict for others. I want to do full
syntax checking, sender host verification and callback verification,
and recpient verification for all incoming mail. If there's any address
for @one.particular.domain, I want to accept the mail anyway.

I'm thinking this can be done with acl_smtp_rcpt, but I'm not sure of
how to do it. I guess, though, that doing 5xx rejections after the RCPT
stage will lead to increased retries by broken mailers, so I might
eventually reconsider my strategy entirely. For now, though, I need to
know if it's even possible before I evaluate whether it's worthwhile.

I haven't played with configuring exim4 in quite a while now, so I'm
rusty (at best). I think I can figure it out on my own (if it can be
done), but I'd prefer to know now if someone can just tell me it's just
impractical, instead of spending hours trying to do it only to find that
out the hard way.

good times,
Vineet
--