Re: [Exim] Domain Verify - Similar to Sendmail

Autor: Andreas J Mueller
A: Tom Daly
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Domain Verify - Similar to Sendmail
Hi Tom!

> I am trying to enable an option in my configuration have Exim make sure
> that the sender's domain exists in DNS. I believe this should be some form
> of ACL, but something that does not use callout.

ACL "verify = sender" does not use callout. It simply checks for the
following:

- the sender domain has an MX entry which points to a valid host, or
- the sender domain is a valid host with an A DNS record.

Not exactly what you were trying to do (checking whether an NS record
exists), but it works, even without callouts.

Andy