Re: [Exim] Stopping to ship RFC 3028 as part of the source t…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Stopping to ship RFC 3028 as part of the source tar-ball?
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Without commenting on the debian DFSG guideline issues, it would appear
> incorrect to blindly incorporate a RFC into a GPL package. If the RFC
> files stay in the shipped bundle an additional paragraph should be added
> to the NOTICE file which already lists license exceptions or other
> issues.

The reason for shipping 3028 was that the Exim documentation for Sieve
was not written, and it seemed "friendly" to provide people with the
RFC. However, if there are issues with this, I'm not going to argue.
I'll just remove it. Folks will have to find it for themselves.

4.22 will be released soon - probably in a few hours time. This is just
in time...

Philip