Re: [Exim] Problems with recipient verification

Author: ODHIAMBO G. Washington
To: Stephen D. Malenshek
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problems with recipient verification
* Stephen D. Malenshek <smalenshek@???> [20030818 06:55]: wrote:
> I am using 4.21 and doing SQL lookup to a PostgreSQL database. I have
> the following in the configuration:

[...]

> I can not for the life of me figure out why it is not verifying if the
> user exists. You can send a message to an account that does not exist
> and it will deliver it anyway. I do not understand this..... Please
> let me know as soon as possible. I have an ISP and the mail spool is
> getting pretty ugle. :)

This is simple, unless I am lost since I haven't tested 4.21.

You _simply_ have not specified the SQL server connection parameters.

Look at spec.txt, sections 9.17 - 9.19 are your friends. Kindly read
_ALL_ those sections (andI mean it for a very good reason) before you
proceed!!

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent."
        -- Ashleigh Brilliant