[Exim] Re: DNS problems in using exim 4.20

Author: Sandip Bhattacharya
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: DNS problems in using exim 4.20
+++ Suresh Ramasubramanian [18/08/03 10:09 +0530]:

> Set your smarthost router to be -
>
> route_list = * [master.puroga.com] byname
>
> byname stops dns lookups at your end for domains you send mail to.
>
> [master.puroga.com] prevents it from being resolved further to cnames

Well, it worked for the time being without the brackets. With brackets, it
froze the message because it could not resolve. BTW, is there anyway that we
can have log information on which authenticator was used in the SMTP
delivery?

> etc. And, did you notice that ns1.puroga.com, master.puroga.com, etc
> are all aliased onto the same box?

Yeah. It is a standard Cpanel box with multiple IPs. I still haven't got
access to multiple boxes to host my name servers on. I have got a Geotrust
SSL cert for master.puroga.com which I am using for the TLS based
connections.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya                        http://www.sandipb.net