[Exim] Problems with recipient verification

Autor: Stephen D. Malenshek
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Problems with recipient verification
I am using 4.21 and doing SQL lookup to a PostgreSQL database. I have
the following in the configuration:

acl_check_rcpt:

        deny    log_message             = Invalid characters in address
                message                 = invalid characters in address
                local_parts             = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.

        deny    senders                 = admin@??? :
root@???
                message                 = "Account does not exist, go
away"

        accept  domains                 = +domains_primary :
+domains_backup
                local_parts             = postmaster

        require log_message             = bad sender address
($sender_address) from $sender_host_address
                message                 = unable to verify the existance
of the senders address
                verify                  = sender

        require log_message             = bad recipient address
($recipient_address) from $sender_host_address
                message                 = unable to verify the existance
of the recipients address
                verify                  = recipient

        accept  hosts                   = +relay_hosts
                verify                  = recipient/callout=10s,defer_ok

#       deny    log_message             = relaying denied to $domain
from $sender_host_address
#               message                 = mail for $domain is not
handled by this server

        deny    message                 = $sender_host_address is
blacklisted in black.hosts
                log_message             = blacklisted sender
$sender_host_address
                hosts                   = +black_hosts

        deny    message                 = $sender_host_address is
blacklisted at $dnslist_domain
                log_message             = blacklisted sender
$sender_host_address
                dnslists                = cbl.abuseat.org :
opm.blitzed.org : sbl.spamhaus.org

        accept  domains                 = +domains_primary :
+domains_backup
                verify                  = recipient/callout=10s,defer_ok

        accept  hosts                   = 127.0.0.1 : localhost :
localhost.localdomain
                endpass
                message                 = unknown user
                verify                  = recipient/callout=10s,defer_ok

and the following:

local_mailspool:
        driver                          = appendfile
        directory                       = ${lookup pgsql{SELECT
mailspool from users \
                                                where username =
'${quote_pgsql:$local_part}' \
                                                AND domainname =
'${quote_pgsql:$domain}' \
                                                AND acctstatus =
'1'}{$value}}
        maildir_format                  = true
        create_directory                = true
        directory_mode                  = 0770
        mode                            = 0660
        group                           = mail
        quota                           = 25M
        quota_warn_threshold            = 80%
        maildir_tag                     = ,S=$message_size
        quota_size_regex                = ,S=(\d+)
        delivery_date_add
        envelope_to_add
        return_path_add

I can not for the life of me figure out why it is not verifying if the
user exists. You can send a message to an account that does not exist
and it will deliver it anyway. I do not understand this..... Please
let me know as soon as possible. I have an ISP and the mail spool is
getting pretty ugle. :)

Thanks