Re: [Exim] Postfix -> Exim

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Postfix -> Exim
Andreas Metzler wrote:

> It should be possible since 4.20-10, using "control = fakereject".

I've read about it and it's horrible. It isn't the same at all. smtp 5xx
is supposed to be final. If you don't want it to be final, use 4xx. If
necessary, use a greylisting policy for 4xx rejections - which Exim
doesn't have at all, yet ('spect it will in the end, Postfix 2.1 will
have, 2.0.14 has already).

One isn't supposed to be able to bring a corpse back to life. That's why
it's become a corpse. Saving a copy of what the corpse has once been is
the same as having taken a photo of it at the moment of its demise.

All my corpses are guaranteed corpses (apart from Suresh, who arose again :)

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???