Re: [Exim] Postfix -> Exim

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Tony Earnshaw
CC: Suresh Ramasubramanian, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Postfix -> Exim
<quote who="Tony Earnshaw">
> Pre Suresh stunnel:
> BAYES_00, CLICK_BELOW, EXIM_LIST

Sheesh. Yes, I used to see this all the time from people on lists that I
read but it is still disgusting to look at that pre stunnel spam score :)

Maybe I should thank my stars that people scanning for all headers with
spamassasin normally whitelist list traffic, or at least dump mail into a
bulkmail folder where they can look at it, instead of rejecting it
outright ...

Wonder what this mail (sent from my squirrelmail web interface) will turn
up in terms of spam scoring ...

> Postfix can do that as well. But however one looks at it, without 3rd
> party software (SA-Exim, Postfix 2.0.14/amavisd-new + SA) the message
> will by then have been accepted and in the best case bounced.

If he is so cagey about using third party dnsbls I can only assume that he
is really concerned about not losing any legit mail at all, even if he
picks up a ton of spam on the way.

I still think that using spamass to route all such mail to a separate bulk
mail folder might be the best way to go, for him.

> The problem is, that to connect directly to billy.demon.nl, you have to
> make an appointment first and then correct directly - not using a DNS MX
> record. Which is probably not what you want.

Forgot / didn't notice that you are on Demon. I do know how they work.

> Not mine, as I said. But, I've saved it for sites that I administer.
>
> Thanks, Suresh :)

Please do implement that ASAP, all of y'all :)

That'll really save my sanity - and my team's sanity - cutting down on the
number of complaints about forged headers that I keep seeing in the abuse
folder. Thank $DEITY for perl scripts that send out boilerplate replies,
I say ...

regards
--srs