Re: [Exim] Postfix -> Exim

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Postfix -> Exim
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>> Environment = RH9. About 4,500 messages received per week. Roaming users
>> authenticate with SASL. We cannot use any third party spam solutions
>> including RBLs. No dedicated IT administrator.
>
> Why don't you set spamassasin to tag mail and move it to a separate
> folder, with a suitably diplomatic message instead of the ****SPAM****
> tag you normally get, instead of bouncing it?

Chateauneuf du Pape (whom I know well from the Postfix mailing list - I
use Postfix 2.0.14 with the new smtpd proxy/amavisd-new/smtp reject
possibility, are you reading this Marc Merlin, my hero?) has said that
he is unwilling to use third party software. I.e. SpamAssassin.

Suresh, hserus/outblaze (your domain[s]) [is|are] *still* damned to h*ll
by many, if not all proxy and relay RBLs. For you, Suresh, and you alone
I have to SA-whitelist the whole Exim mailing list using a SpamAssassin
multiple header meta -100 exception for exim-users@???. Otherwise
each of your postings would be rejected with an smtp 550.
Notwithstanding; I have to do that for other mailing lists, too, for the
same reason. I'd have to do it whether I were using Exim 4 or Postfix,
that makes no difference.

What Chateauneuf is asking, is if Exim is any different in this respect.
He's probably thinking about Exim ACLs making exceptions before smtp
data time, in headers for example. This would probably involve using
multiple ACLs and multiple headers for each message, or doing 'if ...
then' multiple header comparisons. In as much as I use SA, I have no
experience of this.

As yet, Chateauneuf is not familiar on an everyday basis with the
contents of spec.txt, nor does he have recourse to Philip's book.

I've cut out the CC replies to the Postfix mailing list, as well as to
Suresh. No-one gains by them.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???